APPLICATION & REGISTRATION PROCESSES
You (The Applicant) are more than welcome to apply online or to visit the college where you can interact with lecturers and students and see what NWSD has to offer.
We are available on any academic day of the year to help you with your application and registration process.
If you want to transfer from another Fashion Institute to North West School Of Design, please contact our Head of Institute, CHARLES (email@example.com) , for an RPL application.
If you need help with your application, please feel free to:
- Go to the Contact us page
- Send an email to our registrar, Charles: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone us: +27 (0)18 462 5149
Here are the steps to take when applying to study at NWSD:
Get the Prospectus
- Once you have worked through our course offerings and have established which course you would like to apply for, make sure to go through the course prospectus so that you are more familiar with our admissions criteria, class schedule, subject structures and examination procedures.
- At this stage it is not required to choose between the Fashion Design or the Fashion Communication & Buying streams. All fulltime students register for the Fashion Design course, and it is then after your first year of study that you can decide to move over to the Fashion Communication & Buying stream. This is to ensure that your decision is made only once you are more familiar with the fashion industry and that you will have a better understanding of the differences between the streams.
- If at this stage you are not sure about any aspect of the course Prospectus, please email us (email@example.com) , or give us a call (+27(0) 18 462 5149) to clarify.
Apply for Registration
- To complete our online registration, go to Online Application and fill-in the registration form and do the online application test.
- Our Admission Officer will contact you telephonically and by email with your test results and the acceptance letter.
Payment of Registration fee
- Once your application has been approved, it is vital that you pay your registration fee right-away, as your seat is only guaranteed once you have a NWSD student number.
- The student number and registration confirmation letter will only be issued once the registration fee has been paid.
- We have a reserve of 35 students for our 1st year group. Ensure that you apply ASAP so that your application can be processed, as you can only pay your registration fee once you have been accepted in writing.
- After submitting the exam and paying the registration fee, our Admissions Officer will send you the following documents, of which you need to go through and sign:
- Registration Contract
- Internet Contract
- Student Supply List
- Once the above documents have been signed, kindly send them back to the Admissions Officer so that they can create a student file for you.
- Your signed documents should be sent back to the Admissions Officer with the following documents:
- Certified copy of Applicants ID
- Certified copy of Parent/Bursar/Guardian ID (i.e. person responsible for fees)
- Certified proof of residential address
- Two passport / ID Photos of the Applicant